An all purpose, spicy warm Indian seasoning. A traditional ingredient in Indian tandoori, samosas, kormas and dahl. Commonly use to flavour meat and poultry just before serving the dish.
Other suggested uses:
- Add to soups and stews.
- Use as a rub for poultry or meat before roasting, broiling, or grilling.
- Combine with cooked lentils to make a simple dahl.
- Blend with a little water to make a thick paste, serve to the side of meat, fish, or poultry for dipping.
- Blend with softened butter and serve over cooked green beans, parsnips, potatoes, carrots or squash.
- Add to sour cream or yoghurt for a dip or baked potato topping.
- Use to season onion-based meat and poultry sauces.
- Add to pilaf and other grain dishes.
- Whip up a simple, cooling Indian raita by combining sliced cucumber (or substituted with other vegetable or fruits like mangoes or bananas) with plain yoghurt seasoned with Garam Masala., serve alongside spicy dishes.